You are here: wire Russia. Visitor Service.
Moscow is the capital of the Russian Federation and also the biggest city in Europe, with a population of about 11,5 million. It is the political, economic and cultural centre of the country. The number of different nationalities and ethnic groups in the Russian capital is currently over a hundred.
Moscow is known for its turbulent history, and evidence of this can be seen throughout the city. After many centuries of being the city of the Tsars, it was subsequently moulded by communism. Numerous interesting historic buildings date back to both periods. They include St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin, Red Square and the Bolshoi Theatre.
Moreover, this fast-paced cosmopolitan city has an amazing range of further tourist sites, a wide variety of cultural highlights and numerous shopping facilities and restaurants.
- Currency: Rouble (import/export prohibited)
- Visa required
- Local time: Central European Time + two hours
- Climate: continental; hot, dry summers, extremely cold winters
- Average temperatures: January: 0 to -29°, July: 29 to 7°C
Visa Processing for Russia
Please note that you will need a visa for your trip to Russia. It is very important to apply for a visa early.
You will receive further information about the visa proceeding:
- at a local embassy of Russia or the responsible Russian consulate in your home country
- from any travel agency with Russia-experience of your trust
Important: Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is not entitled to give invitations for visa processing or any support for obtaining a visa.